The first step to success is to learn the basics. In other words, you can say that the key to being successful is learned even at preschool. Your children need a good foundation to be prepared enough for the real world.
Preschool is the best first step for your children to help equip them with great learning opportunities. It is where they will learn to follow instructions which can be a solid foundation for more learning that will occur in the next stages of their school life. In preschool, children will learn how to make decisions of their own through several activities that expose them to important experiences. It is also here where they first experience a structured setting with teachers and a group of other children.
It is not a choice but a necessity to send your children to preschool. Activities at preschool are designed in a manner that the kids learn basic knowledge and pick up information that will be useful for their physical and mental development. This will help them learn the basics while having a lot of fun with children of the same age.
How to Tell if Your Child is Ready for Preschool?
If you are worried that your little one might not be ready for preschool yet, you can help him prepare for it. Here are some tips to help you:
- Encourage your child to be independent with basic self-care skills such as simple nose wiping, hand washing, covering his mouth when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Instill a sense of organization by teaching your child how to be organized. Work with him on his ways of keeping his toys, and school materials organized in his room.
- Develop social skills by allowing your child to get along with other children. Help him become ready for being separated from you for a prolonged time by encouraging him to socialize with other children from the neighborhood or your friend’s children.
- Encourage emotional readiness by helping your child identify and process emotions in a healthy manner. Allow him to express his emotions during different situations and ask him to label a specific emotion.
- Cultivate communications skills by giving valuable time for talking and listening to your child as a way of developing his language skills. It will help your child expand his vocabulary by gradually introducing new words and expressions. Teachable moments can be just a few minutes or even a few seconds.
- Focus on the basics and teach your child basic information such as his full name, age, address, phone number, and his own parents’ information. Encourage your child to memorize basic information about him.
Choosing the Best School for your Child
To secure your child’s future and make it brighter, choose a school that offers high-quality education to lead him closer to his dreams. It should be a school that is anchored on core values like excellence, integrity, loyalty, discipline, and service. You are your child’s first teacher, and you create the environment and experiences where your child’s learning initially happens.
Give your child the fun and excitement of his first exposure in school by choosing one of the best universities in Cagayan de Oro Liceo U as his stepping stone towards success! For more information, feel free to visit their website at www.liceo.edu.ph.